Today’s article is a brief look at skin disorders and there treatment.
What is Dermatology?
Dermatology is a branch of medicine that deals with diagnosis and treatment of skin disorders including problems of hair, nails and some sexually transmitted diseases. Dermatologists treat more than 3000 different diseases ranging from acne to skin cancer. For any indication of skin not being normal on any part of the body, one should immediately contact a dermatologist for proper diagnosis and treatment.
- A mole of your skin has changed in color, shape or size
- There are painful pimples that you need to get rid of fast
- An allergic reaction or infection to your skin
- Excessive hair loss and itchy or dry scalp
- If you have ingrown nails, fungal infection or warts
- Any part of your skin has changed in color, size or shape
- You have tiny bumps or red pimples on your face
- If you have itchy, red or flaky skin and normal skin lotion or creams are not working.
- If you have thick and raised scar on your body due to cuts or wounds.
Effective Treatment Method Used By Dermatologists:
- Botox Injections: Botox injections are made from a hardened protein called Botulinum Toxin A, which eliminates facial wrinkles, crow’s feet, frown lines and unwanted lines. This is a non-surgical procedure which transforms your skin from dull, tight, and dryness to smooth, supple and glowing skin.
- Injectable Fillers: Injectable or dermal filler is a non-surgical treatment for plumping thin lips and cheeks, filling out hollows under the eye area, filling in wrinkles and fine lines, contouring the jaw line and other areas of the face.
- Laser Treatment: Now-a-days, laser treatments are very popular and are often used for hair removal, tattoo removal, acne removal, hyper pigmentation and wrinkles. During laser skin treatment, you will learn the terms ablative and non-ablative. While the outer layer of the skin is destroyed in ablative treatment, no skin is removed or destroyed in non-ablative process.
- Superficial Chemical Peel: Chemical peel is one of the oldest, safe and effective facial treatments. This treatment takes 10 to 15 minutes for the face, while larger body parts require more time. It helps to restore your skin, resulting in a more radiant and healthier look.
If you have any concern or question regarding your skin issues, please contact our dermatologist immediately.